Sticky Fig Toffee Pudding
Number of servings: 12
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups iögo Probio Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup dried mission figs, stems discarded and finely chopped
- Toffee Sauce (recipe below)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a non-stick 8x8x2-inch baking dish, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Dust baking dish with a little flour; set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the oil, iögo, vanilla and two eggs; beat to combine.
In two additions beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Continue to beat on low speed until just combined. Fold in the chopped figs. Evenly spread batter in prepared baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool cake for 5-10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with warm toffee sauce.
Toffee Sauce instructions
- 1 ¼ cup heavy (35%) whipping cream
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Makes 2 cups
Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook until thickened, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving.